Sunday 26 May 2013

The Ultimate Crossplay

From time to time I get asked if I can make a coat or tweed jacket for girls as well as guys. It’s not something I often do, but it’s not unknown.

Well a photo has reached me this weekend of one of my tweed jackets being modelled by a very special young lady.

None other than THE Karen Gillan!


Karen is currently in America completing post-production dubbing on a new horror film called Oculus.


Written and directed by Mike Flanagan, it is a full length feature film expanded from a previous award winning short film.

Without giving too much away, the film is about a woman trying to exonerate her brother, who was convicted of murder, by proving that the crime was committed by a supernatural phenomenon.

I had made a tweed jacket for Mike a couple of years ago, so I was surprised to hear Karen attached to a project directed by one of my clients.

He suggested getting Karen to pose in the jacket at some point, and true to his word he finally snapped her in a break between dubs.

It looks like Karen’s been enjoying her time in the US, and I’m looking foreword to seeing the film when it’s released next year.
My thanks to Mike Flanagan for arranging the photo and to Karen Gillan for being such a sport and posing for me

5 comments:

  1. Wow...how cool is that. I thought for a moment you had made one for her till I read a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. I think that jacket looks really good on Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will there be the Series 7 Costum Index?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a Tom Baker costume index at the moment, then I'll catch up with Eleven.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.