Friday, 18 May 2012

I won! I WON!

Now this doesn’t happen to me often, but I won myself a competition!

Last year I had read about the Punchdrunk production of The Crash of the Elysium a while back when it was on in Manchester in July 2011. I didn’t know too much about it, but described as an immersive theatre experience, it sounded intriguing. Only thing was, Manchester is a bit of a trek from where I live, so I didn’t go. It was also billed as an adventure for 6 to 12 year old.

Its launch had a surprise visitor when The Doctor himself, Matt Smith turned up, and I read some favourable reviews of it, so in hindsight I felt I had missed out.

Well as part of the lead up to the London Olympics, there is a programme of cultural shows and productions across the UK, and The Crash Of The Elysium is being restaged at a theatre in Ipswich, still a fair way but reachable for me.

I kept meaning to book tickets, but by the time I got around to it ALL the weekend performances were totally sold out and what tickets were left were for awkward weekday shows at odd times.

As it happened I was looking on the website of a convention I plan to go to in September and there was a competition to win tickets for the show, so I thought you can’t win if you don’t enter, and answered the simple question, entered my email address and thought nothing more of it . .. .  til today.

Ends up I won myself a pair of tickets to go! AND for a weekend performance - just like I would have chosen.

Expect a review of my trip shortly
after I see the show in mid June.


  1. What happened to his hair?

  2. Awesome!

    Of all the competitions you could have won in the past or future, you managed to win a Doctor Who competition!

    Seems like the fates are in your favor at the moment, heh!